We will only collect and use your Personal Data where:
- we have lawful grounds to do so, including to comply with our legal obligations;
- we are performing a contract with you for our services; and
- we have legitimate interests in using your Personal Data and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
For the purposes of the EU General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (“GDPR”), we, Zoe Ashwood, are the “data controller”. If you have any questions about this policy or about how we use your Personal Data, please contact us via our contact details at the end of this policy.
1. Personal Data we collect via our website zoeashwood.com (the “Website”)
Personal Data that you provide to us
We only collect Personal Data where you choose to interact with us on the Website in the following ways:
When you sign-up to:
- receive free content, including eBooks or other similar materials;
- receive our newsletter (monthly);
- receive notifications about book publications (whenever books are announced or published).
Types of Personal Data Collected:
- Email address
- Name (optional)
Data that we collect automatically
2. Use of your Personal Data
We will only use your Personal Data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we use your Personal Data to:
- process and manage your use of our Website;
- respond to your questions, comments, and requests;
- where you have opted-in to receive marketing from us, deliver communications that are relevant to your preferences / may be of interest to you;
- improve our services and Website through analysis of information.
3. Sharing of your Personal Data
We take your privacy very seriously and will never share your Personal Data with others, except as permitted by applicable law or as set out below:
We share Personal Data as necessary with third parties who provide services or functions on our behalf and who require the information to provide those specific services to us. These third parties may include social media advertising platforms. Please note that we have appropriate data privacy safeguards in place with third parties with whom we share Personal Data as described above and who are providing services or functions on our behalf.
4. Keeping your Personal Data secure
We have implemented security policies and technical measures to safeguard the Personal Data we collect. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable law, including the GDPR, to safeguard Personal Data from accidental loss, destruction or damage and unauthorised access, use and disclosure.
5. Retention periods for use of your Personal Data
This Website and our services are aimed at adults, and we do not knowingly collect any Personal Data relating to children aged under 15 years old. If you are under the age of 15, please do not provide us with any of your Personal Data, including your email address.
7. Access to and control over your Personal Data.
You have legal rights under applicable law in relation to your Personal Data. You can ask the following questions, or take the following actions, at any time by contacting us via email firstname.lastname@example.org:
- see what Personal Data we hold about you (if any), including why we are holding it and who it could be disclosed to;
- ask us to change/correct your Personal Data;
- ask us to delete your Personal Data;
- object to the processing of your Personal Data;
- ask us to restrict the processing of your Personal Data;
- withdraw any consents you have given us to the processing of your Personal Data; and
- express any concerns you have about third parties’ use of your Personal Data.
8. Change of purpose
We will only use your Personal Data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to have an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us.
If we need to use your Personal Data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
9. Contact Us
You can contact us through any of the channels listed here.
Permissions and Comments Policy
- re-post a summary of an article (or an excerpt of up to 150 words) with a link back to the original post
- link to our site or any of our public posts
We do not allow any of the following without our written permission:
- re-posting our content in its entirety
- altering or selling any content on this site
- translation of our writings in to another language (because we would want to verify the accuracy of each translation)
For permissions please send an email to email@example.com
By posting on this blog, you agree to the policies below. We welcome comments on our blog posts. Please keep your comments clean and related to the content. We reserve the right to remove any comment. Our site, and the web in general, is all about dialogue and the sharing of information. Therefore, feel free to ask questions, disagree, provide alternate methods, or comment on the post as long as your comment’s content is not offensive, defamatory, abusive, or otherwise mean and inappropriate.
Comment Privacy You may comment anonymously or under a name/username. The email address you use to submit a comment will not be displayed on out site and will not be sold or used to contact you unless you request to be contacted.
Ownership of Comment You retain ownership of comments you leave on our site; you simply grant us a license to post your comments. This license is irrevocable, non-exclusive, worldwide, and royalty-free. You grant us the right to store, transmit, display, use, publish, reproduce, and distribute your comments in any format, including but not limited to a blog, in a book, in a presentation, in a class, or in a video.
We expressly disclaim any and all liability that may result from any comment you leave on this site. By commenting on this site, you agree that you retain all ownership rights for the comments you post on this site and that you will relieve us from any and all liability that may result from those postings.